A Letter For My Mary.


                                                                                                                                   November 15, 1861

Dearest Mary,

             I hope you are doing well. The days go on that I am more and more forgetting your beloved face. I wish I could be there to hold your hands and I pray that when I return the sickness has deceased and I can be with my healthy, happy wife again. I am counting down the days until the Confederacy can win the war and secede from the retched Union. Being a General is very agonizing. Everyday I must train troops, bark orders, and go to some battle that I don't understand why I am fighting for it. My Generals uniform is also very itchy and hot inside. I wish the Commander in Chief would give us a break once in a while. Anyways, I hope all is well at home and I hope that Carter has decided to think about something other than his business and help out around our house. I will be returning home any day now.

                                                                                                                                               Much Love,
                                                 
                                                                                                                               General Robert E. Lee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confederate Songs