Letter Home w/ a recipe

Dearest Mary,

As this wretched war comes closer to an end, I long for the day when I can see your magnificent face again. I have found myself drawn to things that have reminded me of you. Yesterday I was in a West Virginian Pub and they had Bird's Nest Pie. I thought to myself, I have to try this because it is surely not as good as my Mary's! It tuned out that the Pie was incredible. I still think yours is better though. This is the recipe I got from the worker.

6-8+ apples
2 cups of milk
3 eggs
½ cup of brown sugar
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
  1. Preheat the oven to 350⁰F
  2. Grease a deep casserole dish (round or rectangular- 9 by 9 inches square or a 9 inch deep pie plate, or a 9 inch Bundt pan)
  3. Peel and core apples and leave whole, to fit snugly in the baking dish.
  4. Make the custard by beating the milk, eggs, brown sugar, and cinnamon together well.
  5. Pour the custard over the apples in the dish.
  6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the custard is set.


I miss you so much. I will see you soon with the Confederate win on my side.

                                                                                                                                               Much Love,

                                                                                                                                            Robert E. Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter For My Mary.

Confederate Songs